Re: Missing Email

To: dan warner <dwarner230@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Missing Email
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 11:04:58 -0800
Dan , Jon

The software that spammers use to generate addresses do not use special
characters (yet).
I added the following to my Earthlink Account, (the original ID is basavage)
b.a.savage
b.a.savage-2
b-a_savage
I did this over 2 1/2 years ago. These three ID's have received 0 (zero)
spam in that time. My original ID, basavage , still receives 60-80 spam
per day.
Earthlink has a program, SpamBlocker that runs on "Their" system which
I've turned on ID basavage so I don't download any spam. I look at it with
Web Mail. It's automatically deleted after one day.

The ID's with special characters do not use SpamBlocker at all.

I hope that answerers your questions,
Bryan