Re: Push bar survey

To: Jim Dincau <jdincau@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: Push bar survey
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:44:48 -0800
Jim,

I too had a concern about the parachute getting tangled in the push bar
on the car. I used a solid 1" bar and welded a 6" piece downward, making
a "L" instead of the normal "T". On this I have a piece of pipe with the
end closed off that slips over the down piece and held in place loosely
with a bolt. This arrangement allows the pipe to rotate against the push
board, rather than slide back and forth against it. My push board is a 2
X 12 about three feet long that is attached to a metal framework that is
easily attached to the truck.

Although this isn't a "high-tech" solution, it has worked well for me
for many years with no parachute problems.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC