Re: Push bar survey

To: Jim Dincau <jdincau@qnet.com>,
Subject: Re: Push bar survey
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:03:46 -0800 (PST)
Jim,
I just started pushing off this year - It wasn't
really required at Bonneville, but the dirt is a whole
different game.  I put a hitch reciever on the front
of my dually, and the push board slides in the
reciever and I run a bolt or hitch pin thru the holes.
Easy on & off. The back of the Vette has a 16"
"stinger" as a push point. It's that long because I
have a funny-car style parachute pack mount that
sticks up & out, so the  2x2 bar (stinger) had to be
that long or the chute would have been in the grill of
my truck. The board itself is 12" x 24", the frame is
1" square stock. I have a short 2x2 at a 45* angle for
added strength. 2 1" square braces run from each side
to the center 2x2. The board is a 12" x 24" hardwood
plank, and I glued high-density rubber to the front of
the board for cushion. Very similar to Turk's set-up.
Sorta looks like this side view below.
Ed

        /| < 2 1" bars run horizontally here & 2x2
       / |   is welded at this point. This is the
point
      / /|   where the "stinger" and the push board
     / / |   make contact.
    / /  |
=========|  < 1" rec. frame
 2x2 ^   |