hiatus over --once again ---hope this isnt a duplicate posting

To: <foxriverkid@earthlink.net>, <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: hiatus over --once again ---hope this isnt a duplicate posting
From: "George Mitchell" <gmitchell@trifectahobbies.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:06:08 -0600
Hey there all,
This is George writing you from the Nations Capital. It has been a very
eventful few years for me and LSR racing has taken kind of a back seat. I took
all of my Desoto stuff and put it in a street rod (50 Desoto club coupe)It was
just too tuff to find the hot rod stuff for it.
I have been racing in NHRA comp eliminator in B/Altered. It is the toughest
racing I have ever done but we are on the verge of moving up to pro stock.
In the interim I have off and on built a more conventional LSR car than the
Porsche I was building . I got a 35 dollar 85 style camaro at auction and
stripped it . It has Aerospace big brakes on the front and Lamb discs on a ford
9 inch in the rear. I moved a big block six inches back and put a Lenco 3 speed
behind it. I converted the gas tank to a water tank and built a funny car style
roll cage and mounted two parachtes on it. The next task is to take it
completely apart and POR 15 it and do some other mods. I am going to put an
aftermaker k member in it and add R and P to give some room for the dry sump.I
already have the steering slowed down. I have my own motor program along with
the son of Malcom Durhan , Brian. We are able to do everything all machine work
and development incuding in house dyno work.
Anyway between divisionals and national events this year we will try to get to
Maxton to troubleshoot and test a then make the big drive across country in
2006.
I will start with one of my comp motors that are about 460 inches and make
about 1200 hp give or take a few.
You can read about this seasons developments at my personal site
www.georgemitchellonline.com
Hey Skip. I like the new paint job on the streamliner.
Kieth Turk , I am working on a sponsorship package right now . Can you
introduce me to your publicist?
Just kidding .
Take care everyone
George in DC