Ugo - eBay

To: land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Ugo - eBay
From: Brian M <bluebirdk7@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:38:01 +0000 (GMT)
Ugo  knows my views on  the man who is copying his models (Marc Deckers)  I
have posted negative feedback on him in the past on eBay  The problem is that
he changes his ID from time to time . He also has a website  he shows the Bob
Estes Mercury on this site as made by Record Models (his company) and on eBay
as "perhaps produced by Ugo Fadini" I think that alone shows he is a man to be
avoided.

I now have most of Ugos models (even the ones out of production) they remain
as some of the best I have in a wide collection of LSR and WWSR 1/43 models. I
have visited Ugo in Padova and can lay testament to the painstaking research he
makes before producing a model  and then the detailed  process  of production
that sees a finished model

I hope that we can see off  the copiers as the model makers do not need them
and in the end the collector loses out as the model maker can not make a living.

I am somewhat concerned that the model remains on sale on eBay  I had thought
they were quicker at removing fakes

Keep up the good work Ugo

Regards

Brian Millin  London England