My First Race car or motorcycle (NON LSR)

To: List Land Speed <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: My First Race car or motorcycle (NON LSR)
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:34:45 -0800
A prior comment about first race, reminded me that the first
one I saw was in 1948 (I was 11). My dad's friend George
took me to a Midget race in the LA Coliseum. The track was
a VERY high banked (45 degree) board track.
I still remember the smoke and fumes. I was told that the car
that was smoking like crazy had an outboard motor. That really
baffled me. The propeller drives the wheels????
They all smoked some and the burning bean oil almost made
my Hot Dog backfire.

Cheer's
Bryan