Re: Monster Garage

To: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@charter.net>
Subject: Re: Monster Garage
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:44:11 -0800
The 1/2 mile was a blast. We took Top Eliminator once beating the Sadd
Bros Blown Dodge Roadster. We were able to make 33% nitro work at the
1/2 mile, however, longer distance became a problem. We ran 166 MPH in
D/FR at Riverside and 189 MPH at El Mirage in 1964 with severe
detonation. Our best was 195 MPH at Bonneville, but never could make it
to the lights with all cylinders.

Thinking back on the 1/2 mile makes Vandenberg's runway all the more
attractive.

Tom, Redding CA