Monster Garage

To: Land Speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Monster Garage
From: M Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 03:21:52 -0500
List

Not having satellite I have not seen the programme on building a lakester
from a belly tank, so what I say is based on postings here.

Does anyone know what budget is given to Jesse to construct these vehicles.
 What "obscene" sum of money was involved?  I would suggest that most or
many projects (either side of the Atlantic) rely upon donated parts or
materials, so whilst they exhibit the 'soul' of the builder or build team
in design and execution, they are not fully paid for from earned income
(although at times all I seem to do is spend....... spend ............
spend ...... on this love of speed).

When it comes to running and records -  if he only went one way Mike then
even the FIA would not sanction the attempt.  And FIA do not offer 200mph
hats!  It could be a local outright speed record - which gives the rest of
the US racers something to aim at.

As to Vandenberg - could it be brought into the tracks that could offer
World Short Course Records?  Best get over their Keith and set up a sister
club to ECTA .........

Has the SCTA ever sanctioned an event on a man made surface ....hmmm?

Just enjoying the list chat as always whilst working on the next FIA bid to
take place in the USA.

Joe - are you going to come to Pendine Sands and run 'naked' for us Brits
to enjoy?  I would help organise that one.

Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England