RE: Batteries and Alternators

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Batteries and Alternators
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 04:03:43 -0500
If you insist on running no altenator at least do yourself the favor of
running a real water pump. It costs less than the weiand toy pump and will
cool the engine. By the time you buy the second battery and related wiring
to charge it from the truck you will be many bucks ahead and drop 4 or 5 hp
to run it all but it will be maintainence free racing. if the battery gets
down at all the low voltage will reduce the ignition output enough to drop
the same 4 or 5 hp anyway.
Dave