Tig Welding

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tig Welding
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 08:47:28 -0500
Speaking of welding supplies and such.... I just tried something that worked
fairly well...

When I weld Steel the tip always gets stuck in the puddle ( cause my hand
control isn't as good as it could be )... and since that's been happening I've
had a tendency to keep the tungsten fairly close into the cup....

I've gotten a bit better at welding over the last few years and thought I'd
try sticking the tungsten out farther and increasing the argon flow just a
bit...   On my welder this seems to be about 4lbs higher at 24 now..... With a
sharp tip I can finally weld a smaller bead...

One of you is going to beat me up for not learning this earlier... but you
know what that's why they call it practicing.....

Keith ( Life is GOOD )