RE: Tom Bryant...

To: timbryant44@hotmail.com, 2weldons@earthlink.net, saltracer@awwwsome.com
Subject: RE: Tom Bryant...
From: Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 07:10:03 -0700
That's great, Tim.  I hope you can work it out, put me in for one if you
publish.

I've had a couple of experiences in the few years that make me appreciate
how fast some of this stuff is passing.

A few years ago I was at the Del Mar motorcycle concourse and each hour Dave
Despain (sp?) would interview some famous motorcycle person over the PA.
One was an old timer (like 90+), named Ed Davis, IIR, who was part of the
Indian Wrecking Crew and the HD team going all the way back to the board
tracks.  The guy was still sharp as a tack and I would happily have spent
the whole day listening to his stories.  I kept thinking "Somebody needs to
set this guy down and get this recorded!"

In the last few years my dad has started to finally talk a bit about some of
his stories as a WW II bomber pilot/POW, riveting stuff ...

Dale C.

As Tom's Grandson I can say one of my favorite parts about going to the salt
every year is sitting  down at dinner and hearing him tell his stories.
However it gets done, I would really like it to happen.

Tim Bryant