RE: Brake pad material removal

To: "Ron Gibson" <rgg14@cox.net>, "atrav" <atrav@copper.net>,
Subject: RE: Brake pad material removal
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 04:40:41 -0400
can you put a spacer between caliper halves it it is a 2 piece caliper? If
they are just barely touching and you can rotate the wheel i doubt if you
need a total of 1/8 inch more clearance though probably less than that total
which begs the question van you have the rotor turned a tiny bit so you can
use standard pads in the future. If the wheel turns by hand I suspect you
need maybe 0.01 to a max of 0.02
Dave