Bailout Practice--fun fun fun

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bailout Practice--fun fun fun
From: Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:52:27 -0500
Just got back from and hour in  and out of the car in full SFI 20 fire suit
---working out and on the car to get the procedure down pat---I am not there
yet....

note for first timers---the inspectors will want to see you to simultate:
firing the fire bottle,  deploying the chute, brake before you start getting
your harness loose and canopy open...

1. attempt---"Houston we have a problem"  the sequence that worked in Skip's
car will not work in mine.. I have to duck my right shoulder and not my left
one --and I had to remove son roll bar padding at the front of the cage for my
head to come out and I had to sort out the arm restraints..

2. I got out--- did not time it

3. 28 seconds from "FIRE" to on the ground with both feet---will need to
practice to get that down to 18-20 seconds...

FUN STUFF---I am getting pumped---7 weeks to go...

  "Sparky"
Lakester 2211