Re: Dennis....

To: "LSR list" <land-speed@autox.team.net>, "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Dennis....
From: "atrav" <atrav@copper.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 14:49:13 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>

> Well we are currently getting hammered by this Dennis thing... it really
> blows....
>
> biggest winds so far are around 50kts.... and we've already been without power
> for a couple of hours... it just came back on...
>
> And of course the Generator is up at Maxton.... lovely
>
> Keith

    Our power went out for five hours yesterday as one of the bands came
through, here in Palm Bay
Florida. Of course my wife just brought back groceries, adding to the paranoia
about a long outage.
Since both Jeanne and Frances hit us everyone is real gun shy about hurricanes
around here. Even
though we're no where near the path of Dennis, there were still lines at the
gas stations, and mobs
at the stores for water, batteries and such.
    One of my best friends is a chef, and has a submarine sized propane tank
for his kitchen. A long
power loss means GOOD EATIN' for us, although he's probably going to buy a
propane powered generator
to protect his freezer, so won't be as urgent to pig out. Last year we had
smoked shrimp, salmon
steaks, and more pulled BBQ pork than any man has a right to eat. Dang it, now
I'm hungry!
-Aron-