Re: DOT messes with Racers

To: Tom Shannon <saltfevr@mail.sisna.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DOT messes with Racers
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 16:30:08 -0700 (PDT)
"Bottom line, towing your race car to the races where
you race for cash is now determined to be a commercial
enterprise. "

That would be a GOOD THING if they forced that on us,
as we could then write off all racing costs, travel
expenses, depreciation, etc. Right now you can't
deduct racing expenses unless it's in the normal
course of business. If you try, you will prolly get an
audit notice under the hobby-loss provisions. I guess
we will now have to carry a copy of our current income
tax returns??????
Ed