Ed Van Scoy's Corvette... and Freiburger...

To: <Land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ed Van Scoy's Corvette... and Freiburger...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:56:22 -0500
Every Venue I've raced at is a bit different...  The one thing I have learned
is to make good friends with someone that is familiar with the venue... and
for El Mirage there's not many folks as well versed at racing on the Dry Lake
then Ed.... ( his #2 position in points last year attests to his skill )

With one quick phone call to Ed to check out the best way to give David a
chance to set a record... Ed went to work sorting out the details.....   There
is a new rule this year that everyone no matter what the lic. must make a 150
or under pass first as a Rookie... and Ed Offered up his position in line and
opportunity to gain preciously needed points to help us out...  Basically, for
the first time in his life he shared his Race car with another driver  and let
us use it to get David's rookie run out of the way.  This way we could line up
the Camaro as soon as our number was called....  We as new folks ran Dead last
on a course that was rather well used up ... okay it was essentially a plowed
field.  BUT we got to run first round for a record.  Didn't make much of a
difference... but without Ed's Help we'd have never got down the course other
then for the rookie orientation...

So... Ed thank Linda for putting up with the heat, dirt , dust, and us
Yahoo's.... we really enjoyed having you there to show us the ropes...

Both Ed and Linda truly are the most enjoyable folks I've ever met at any race
track.

Thanks again... ( this would be about the 20th time I've said it to Ed... but
it really was an effort on his part... David and I really did appreciate it )