Re: updates

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: updates
From: "atrav" <atrav@copper.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 23:14:51 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>

> So that's what I'm doing... what are you folks up to?
>
> Keith

Welding, welding, welding. Never fails that the cycles of projects deem welding
during the hottest
months of the year.
The worst has been some very thick aluminum motorcycle motor mount brackets,
welding to equally
thick tubing. The heat was just radiating from the aluminum. So, I bought this
silver 'bib' type
thing from the BBQ section of Wal-Mart to wear over my usual welding outfit. It
does repel the heat
better, and seems to take splatter OK. I tried tin foil, worked great too, but
not a permanent
solution.
So I guess it's real low tech here. I still think my TIG welder has an internal
Argon leak, I'm just
running through bottles, but I just don't have the time to disassemble the
welder to check all the
inner bits.

-Aron-