Re: Engineering solutions or KISS

To: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>,
Subject: Re: Engineering solutions or KISS
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 04:23:31 -0500
Jim...  Did ya just stand there with your mouth open?... ( my classic
posture )

I've found one of the real treats in life is watching someone who is really
good at what they do...  and honestly it can be anything... from underwater
basket weaving to leatherwork while sky diving....  One of my favorites is
guys who do black smithing... Personally I have no interest in doing it
myself... but I love watching it...

My latest example came Last Monday after El Mirage I went surfing with a guy
who works with Hot Rod as a photographer....  Here I am fighting this like
mad, struggling to breath...and Wes made this look totally effortless....
because once you quit fighting and do the right thing at the right time....
it really is somewhat effortless.... the frustration comes from knowing how
but not being capable of placing it all together again...  The little bit of
joy comes from small success's along the way... the one time here or there
when you get it right...

Lance Armstrong on a bike... same stuff...  Al Teague, Seth Hammond, Tom
Bryant on the starting line... Jim sending them off... Dan talking to
someone about the rules for Roadsters.... all folks doing what they know how
to do...  and a treat for all around who pay attention to the ease with
which they do it...

Keith