Getting Ready for World of Speed

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Getting Ready for World of Speed
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 17:36:44 -0700
I am near ready for testing at WOS this year. I have the car up on jack
stands because I have to do some more messing around with the ballistic
blanket over the tranny. Plus change the oil and filter. I have the
tweecer installed and have a fair tune for a turbo running 15 psig boost
and 42 pound/hr injectors. I need to do some more tunning to get the
mass air flow meter function correct but I have the software to do that,
just need to run down the course and get some data (wish I had a
dyno...). It starts well and idles well with my home made mass air meter
system, so that is a plus. I had to install my radiator fan because it
would get pretty hot. I also revised the radiator hose routing and it is
now much better. With the changes it runns reasonably cool. Rather than
a thermostat I am using a Speedway 1'' hole washer which seems to be
working ok. I have fabbed a cradle for the laptop during the run to
gather the data. Wish I had more than 16 channels though. I have added
big hood pins on the deck lid to keep it in place and along with the
small ones on the hood added a big one right in the center. I finished
the plexiglass wind screen today and It looks sorta cool. To me anyway.
Obtained the 10 pound FireFox fire bottle to replace my halon one with
the broken gage, had it inspected today and the firebottles ar enow
complete.

Waiting on seat belts that I returned because they had the wrong ends on
the lap belt. Also waiting on Stroud to send my /20 suit back as they
forgot to sew in the arm restraints, embroider the TEam Beam on the
front pocket area and Spirit of SUnbeam on the back as well as not using
the colors I had requested (red white blue - got whit blue and black).
Still need some large /15 gloves and Stroud does not seem to have them.
So may have to borrow some. Have the boots, undies, socks, balaclave,
and helmet. Beginning to outfit the trailer.

Enough for today.

Oh, lift off is Sept 12, o-dark thirty.  Inspections on 13th and fun and
games 14 - 17.

mayf