Re: Getting Ready for World of Speed

To: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>,
Subject: Re: Getting Ready for World of Speed
From: Higginbotham Land Speed Racing <saltrat@lubricationdynamics.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 21:02:45 -0700
Now THAT'S the right attitude!!!!!! List, I have seen some attempts at
first year salt racing over the past 40-45 years but Mayf has put together
the best first year attempt that I have ever seen. I offer him the very
best of luck and lots of fun.
Skip (former Alpine owner)

At 05:36 PM 8/12/2005 -0700, drmayf wrote:
>I am near ready for testing at WOS this year. I have the car up on jack
>stands because I have to do some more messing around with the ballistic
>blanket over the tranny. Plus change the oil and filter. I have the
>tweecer installed and have a fair tune for a turbo running 15 psig boost
>and 42 pound/hr injectors. I need to do some more tunning to get the
>mass air flow meter function correct but I have the software to do that,
>just need to run down the course and get some data (wish I had a
>dyno...). It starts well and idles well with my home made mass air meter
>system, so that is a plus. I had to install my radiator fan because it
>would get pretty hot. I also revised the radiator hose routing and it is
>now much better. With the changes it runns reasonably cool. Rather than
>a thermostat I am using a Speedway 1'' hole washer which seems to be
>working ok. I have fabbed a cradle for the laptop during the run to
>gather the data. Wish I had more than 16 channels though. I have added
>big hood pins on the deck lid to keep it in place and along with the
>small ones on the hood added a big one right in the center. I finished
>the plexiglass wind screen today and It looks sorta cool. To me anyway.
>Obtained the 10 pound FireFox fire bottle to replace my halon one with
>the broken gage, had it inspected today and the firebottles ar enow
>complete.
>
>Waiting on seat belts that I returned because they had the wrong ends on
>the lap belt. Also waiting on Stroud to send my /20 suit back as they
>forgot to sew in the arm restraints, embroider the TEam Beam on the
>front pocket area and Spirit of SUnbeam on the back as well as not using
>the colors I had requested (red white blue - got whit blue and black).
>Still need some large /15 gloves and Stroud does not seem to have them.
>So may have to borrow some. Have the boots, undies, socks, balaclave,
>and helmet. Beginning to outfit the trailer.
>
>Enough for today.
>
>Oh, lift off is Sept 12, o-dark thirty.  Inspections on 13th and fun and
>games 14 - 17.
>
>mayf

 Dang....forgot to edit......