How was yoyr day? Non LSR

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: How was yoyr day? Non LSR
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 14:08:21 -0700
I am leaving for the salt Monday morning. So today is for hitting the ATM,
grocery store, doing laundry and loading the truck. But first things first.
Feed the cats. 6 am I'm feeding the cats, when your average suburban rice
rocket blasts through the concrete block wall, that separates my yard from the
city property.
He's moving fast enough to push concrete blocks 50 ft. into the quarter panel
of my Hawk, producing a nice dent and removing a hunk of bondo I didn't know
about.
Seriously compromised suspension, ivy in the grill, concrete block stuck under
the car, and 4 flat tires are not enough to hold this guy back. He maneuvers
between my Hawk and the '68 Cougar, whose owner got a T10 from me, leaving a
small paint smudge on the Merc's front bumper, back on to the street and out
on to 101 North. For about 150 yards when he  hit another car, a Pepsi truck
and the center divide.
So I call San Mateo PD and the freeway people call CHP. Later I am watching on
of SMPDs finest driving around, looking for the corner, and the rescue people
out on the freeway. The local officer finally finds me, and decides this must
have been done on purpose. I say "I don't think so. But why don't you go out
on the freeway and ask him?" Cop looks and says "That's a Pepsi truck, not
part of this." I say " There are three cars out there among all the red
lights, and one of them is the guy who did this."           So he goes out and
then his supervisor shows up, and he goes out to the freeway, and comes back
to tell me SMPD is leaving it all to the CHP.
About one and a half hour later the CHP come to my door and tell me the guy
was not drunk, but was passed out when they got there. He has no recollection
of the accident, doesn't know where he was coming from or where he was going.
But thinks he has insurance. For $10 in 2 or 3 weeks they will give me an
accident report. And have a nice day.
I'll worry about this when I get back.        Rich Fox