Streamliner Down Under

To: "land-speed submit" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Streamliner Down Under
From: "3liter" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:06:58 -0700
Rick: At Speed-week I talked to Ron and Carol Hadfield who just brought over
a couple of cars. One was a V-12 Allison (or Merlin) 55 Chevy for the car
show in LA and the other is a 871 Blown, Lincoln V-12, rat rod pick-up truck
(right-hand drive) they are touring the US in. I think he said he paid about
US$10,000 per transportainer. Ron said that, since the Free Trade Agreement,
fees have been drastically reduced.  Chris Harris (New Zealand) brought his
roadster over in 2003. He might be able to give you a comparison of costs
then and now. Chris is on this list and I am sure he will respond. For a
crude estimate I would budget $15k-$20k (round-trip) for CAR transportation
costs. Personnel transportation, lodging, etc. should be "added" to that
estimate.  -Elon

From: "Rick Yacoucci" Were thinking of bringing the streamliner down under
also...... 2007 seems kind of realistic. . . What do you figure the cost of
such an excursion would be?