Re: Parachutes and the box they come in...

To: "Jane McMeekin" <mcmeekin@columbus.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Parachutes and the box they come in...
From: "kturk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 16:13:25 -0500
We are doing both the Hans device ( or a back brace style that Stroud is
currently sled testing )...  and we are going to a Nascar style seat... in
the Camaro

The Berkeley is getting a better head restraint system laterally as well as
something for the neck....

Parachutes could be deployed in the event the car started sideways...  I'm
not one to stay in the throttle during a bad situation...but the reality is
sooner or later it's not all going to work as advertised.... and I want a
reply to that situation.

With long sleek Bonneville style cars there is always going to be a
significant propensity to roll, rather then flat spin like a roadster....
all I'm looking at is giving the driver an option...

Glen testing the chute is mandatory... and I'm thinking of Maxton as the
perfect place ....

Keith