Re: dull days

To: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@charter.net>
Subject: Re: dull days
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 20:29:37 -0700
Well, Mr Glen, I'm not sure where to begin. Regards the Sunbeam, yes all
the punch list items have been completed. I have a dynamite push bar, as
does Gary LaRonge, now.  I finished the windscreen doohickey a couple of
weeks ago and it look sorta kool!. Brakes have been reworked so I can
get my big feet into the foot well. I even made a new parachue strap
bushing to reduce the potential for tearing. Seems to run pretty
decently but wont know until I get it under load. I now have all the
safety suit stuff: undies, socks head sock, /20 suit, /15 gloves and
boots, nomex neck collar, wrist restraints. I browwed a helmet from Dale
Pulju and the markings insode say it meets spec, now I can buy a real
one next Jan. Have my new trailer, all tie downs installed. Generator
works good, have 2 awnings to put up and sand bags to hold them and the
tarps in place. Coolers for beer (2). Hav even repaired the trailer
farkle with the gas pump stanchion (well, looks sorta ok). Trailer is
ready to roll. HAve just purchaed a mondo large tranny cooler for the
F250 tow truck. Install on that is next (between honey do's).  Been
looking around for something not quite as scary as the Sunbeam for the
wife to maybe participate with. SOmething slow and small And maybe
unusual. Oh, what can you tell me about the vehicle involved in the
following record: J class diesl engine, stream liner, "Thermo King Lil
Scamper"  driven by R. DEmor in AUg of '81 at 116.537 avg. Kinda
interesting... Thats a pretty small diesel motor.  No, I am not thinking
about a diesel...

mayf