Re: dull days

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: dull days
From: Jim Waldron <jwaldron47@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:02:05 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Well, the prototype is almost ready.  Just have to finish the seat.  It's all
non standard tube sizes and wall thickness, but the geometry is the same as the
'real' one will be.  Put a small mini-bike type engine in it to make it move so
I can check out the steering geometry and handling.  Doubt it will go 25 MPH
top speed.  Have already figured out the cockpit is too small and too long (!),
and I'll have to change the steering 'column' (for lack of a better term) in
the real one - current design is too loose.  I should go ahead and build a
trailer, but will probably just lash it in the back of the pick-up and take it
wherever.

Speaking of wherever, where can I go to put around in my prototype?  Deserted
parking lot?  Where do you recommend?

Thanks,
Jim W.