NSU at Bonneville 1

To: "list answer" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: NSU at Bonneville 1
From: "Pork Pie" <pork.pie@t-online.de>
Date: 19 Sep 2005 18:29 GMT
Part 1

Hi List,

if it's too boring on the list, here a nice issue.

As I worte before, Heinz Herz, son of the late Wilhelm Herz, who set the first
200+ mph motorcycle record like to come for the 50 anniversary with a replica
to the Speedweek in 2006.

Originally his idea was to come to the salt for the WoS, due to this that this
meet is now cancelled he booked his flight for the World Final.

I got some nice response to my first request, some weeks ago, thank you very
much.

Meanwhile I know a little bit more, therefore now some more questions.

1. Who at the list is responsible for the motorcsycle inspection during the
World Final and for the Speedweek meet next year? I told Heinz to bring a pack
of 12x8 picture of the bike, frame and all the configuration that the
inspectors got a chance to check the bike in advance - the frame is 2005
generation bike...

2. Heinz has to make his rookie test and licence runs so as everybody. To make
this during the Speedweek next year and with the replica is not a good idea. I
ask now, is there someone at the World final with a smaller bike - about 350
or 500 cc, who could give him a ride on the bike. I told Heinz that he has to
take care for all the "expenses" like starting money and some dinner for the
team (smile), he likes a good beer, too, but I fear he can't bring a 12 pack
of a German brewery - also he needs than a BNI membership.
Anyway, is there someone who can or like to give him a ride - what we have to
manage than is a proper leather and helmet to the BNI/SCTA status.

3. I talked to Heinz, if he can bring also the original record bike to the
salt - the idea is to show the bike in the impound area for all the spectators
and racers. I remember that during the 50 anniversary of the Speedweek there
was a special area for some old lakester.

Pork Pie