Re: NON LSR--SLC area

To: jon@infodestruction.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NON LSR--SLC area
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 23:19:44 EDT
In a message dated 9/19/2005 9:01:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jon@infodestruction.com writes:
White Castle,  is
a burger chain that started in Columbus, Ohio, in the 20's, featuring
small meat patties -- about 1 1/2 oz of meat -- grilled on a
I'd assume that most of us here remember "The Castle" as The drive-through
where all the wannabees and Bees showcased their cars, either for show or a go
on a local convenient street race. As far as food value, my personal take was
and is the "patties" were sawdust, food coloring, and negligible "meat"
content. The main taste was from ketchup, onions, and the optional cheese-like
substance. Besides the Car angle, there was also the waitresses on roller
skates to
harass and annoy. I go back to the 60's when these belly bombs were 8 cents,
12 cents w/ "cheese." We also had the race riots of the 60's and for whatever
reason (whiteness )? people from both sides lined up and battled, especially at
the Boston Post road location in The Bronx. This was probably one of the
reasons the Drive-around and around was shut down, and you had to actually park
and go inside.
You then had the option of going to the next neighboring county and enjoying
a "Westchester repeater" at the copycat "White Tower" way up the same Boston
Post road.
Bob, ate 22 cheesebombs one night, W