RE: B25C Pulled from S.C. Lake ( Very OT)

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: B25C Pulled from S.C. Lake ( Very OT)
From: john.szalay@att.net
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:31:53 +0000
 After looking on the net for Info, several islands in the lake were used a
bombing ranges during
WWII,  as many as 25 planes of various types are in the water. this appears to
be the second
 B-25 recovered in recent years.  one island has several names,  Bomb island,
Lunch island
and Dooliittle island, ( Doolittles raiders were supposed to have used it as a
target)

One source (one of many found)
 http://www.lakemurray.com/talesof.htm

 reminds one of all the Navy airplanes in the waters near Chicago (200 +)