Re: B25C Pulled from S.C. Lake ( Very OT)

To: "Joe Lance" <jolylance@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: B25C Pulled from S.C. Lake ( Very OT)
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 23:00:14 -0600
With the pollution those steel mills were pouring into the Monongahela
sixty years ago the plane may have disintegrated within weeks.  There's
a good chance it's in the Ohio by now ... depending on the current.
How far up from the confluence was the spot where it entered the river?
  That must have been one great pilot to miss the bridges.  Have there
been any floods on the Monongahela like the one on the Allegheny in
1936?  Sad that the jobs created by the steel mills are gone now but
the area around Pittsburgh today is very pretty except for that *&#@
construction between the airport and the Ft. Pitt bridge/tunnel area.

The Great Salt Lake isn't that deep and the planes from Hill AFB that
ditch in the lake, even though they are located very rapidly, suffer
from the salt corrosion within hours.

Wes