Re: Chassis Cushion and Tie Downs

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, "drmayf" <drmayf@mayfco.com>,
Subject: Re: Chassis Cushion and Tie Downs
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:11:30 -0600
Deist and other companys make over the tire tie downs. I used them on the
rear slicks and the front axle set in a cradle with a u-bolt arrangement
over the top of the axle and a quick pin on each side. Never had a problem
with the car moving. I have seen a couple of stream liners with a tube
welded across the frame in two places with screw type load binders to hold
the car down. Al Teague uses this method on his liner. Each tube has a thick
round plug welded into each side and they are threaded to hold a swivel type
eye bolt. Works great.
Glen