Re: Fw: Racer Info

To: "Wendy Jeffries" <salt@lasercom.net>,
Subject: Re: Fw: Racer Info
From: Higginbotham Land Speed Racing <saltrat@lubricationdynamics.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 18:41:05 -0700
The car was designed and built by Bob Herda, Chief of Aerodynamics for
Hiller-Fairchild. The car was designed for twin early Chryslers but never
was run in that configuration that I know of. In 1963 the car was run as
Herda-Cagle with my personal 440 blown early Chrysler in it. As I recall we
ran 325 before the drivetrain gave out for the fourth time and excessive
RPM broke a rod bolt and my engine expired. That much I am certain about.
After that I am not sure. The number was 999 and the car was immaculate. I
have some pictures. There is a lot more story here..........
Skip Higginbotham