Race car Seating

To: Land Speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Race car Seating
From: Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 12:01:20 -0700
I have installed a nextel cup seat in the Corvette. I go a used one from
Muscle motor sports. I had to change the head restraint some but the
shoulder support and seat was perfect fit. I recommend looking at
www.joieofseating.net and www.butlerbuilt.net  to get some ideas for a
door slammer type car seat.
Now I'm going to build a seat for the streamliner. I think the Indy type
cars have the best protection for a driver in a tub type cockpit. If
anyone has any information or good pictures of Indy or IRL car seats I
would very much love to see them. I am tracking down the maker of the
closed cell high density foam they use in the head and shoulder restraints.
Doug Odom in big ditch