RE: NON-LSR Computer Security FYI

To: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>,
Subject: RE: NON-LSR Computer Security FYI
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:36:45 -0500
Glen;

There are some rare- earth magnets inside that hard drive-- Samarium
Cobalt or Nickel Iron Boron-- that are worth recovering before you blast
it with a 12 ga. The magnets are usually brazed onto a backing plate but
if you use a chisel they usually pop off easily. Those magnets are
STRONG!

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ