Re: Way back when .... (NON LSR)

To: BWANA343@aol.com, joyseydevil@comcast.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Way back when .... (NON LSR)
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:59:59 -0800 (PST)
BWANA343@aol.com wrote:.. .. ... I acquired a '40 Austin and then got drafted
in '65..sigh....Couldn't find a home for the Austin and it got junked while I
was out of the country....

  I wonder how many guys have stories like that.  Back then, I spotted what I
thought was a bantam hot rod with a flathead V8 out behind a house.  I stopped
to check it out, and "acquired" a BMW 328 roadster that had been turned into a
flathead V8 hot rod.  Shortly thereafter, I got the call to go to Vietnam, so I
parked my "dream car" out behind the house under the bathroom window.  While I
was stalking through the rice paddies, my EX decided it was too hard to mow
around the "junk car" and had it towed off.

  DickJ
  In East Texas