Re: Switching Engines

To: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>, "Elon" <saltfever@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Switching Engines
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 18:01:44 -0600
I KNOW, I KNOW.......... ( AS I WAVE MY HAND FRANTICALLY.)

First off you can run in the same class for no fee.... BUT When you change
an engine the SCTA wants the vehicle to go back through inspection .... (
think about it ... it makes sense... they saw it was safe the first time...
this lets them see it after you changed it )...

If you are NOT going to Impound with the first motor... they don't care what
size it is... nobody does actually.... not until you set a record.... then
if you want to do a class change it's almost like setting up an entire new
entry EXCEPT it only costs like 150 bucks.... but you have to go through a
re-inspection..... ( by the way they are real easy cause they really only
look at what you changed... )

Elon.... Any issues in this area and it will hurt.... so make sure you
really do understand it...

Keith ( feel free to ask me any questions about this .... )