Re: ford front engine powered cars

To: speedtimer@charter.net, Freudbouy@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ford front engine powered cars
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:50:07 EST
Some of you senior list members must remember the early  day Kenz & Leslie
salt car
..... NOT the very famous 777 streamliner ..... but the '32 Ford pickup
truck that preceded it
~  one flathead up front, and the other where the bed would have been  ......
I think it was on the cover of Hot Rod Mag, and turned around 150  + or so.
I'm not sure of all the details as I would have recalled  them back a decade
ago, but didn't the front engine drive thru the
front wheels ? Next time I go upstairs to my library and grab a stack of my
very early HRMs I'll look for it  ~  Glen, Tom, Freud, Rich,  Wes, Skip, ....
you guys probably saw it, yes ?
        Bruce in too cold ( but not  rainy as way out to the west ! )
Connecticut  ~

PS : Sorta related side-note : A few years Darrell and I were towing his  '65
Impala hardtop( Not the one we chopped, which he is currently re-doing from
end to end )from the SF bay area back east here for my oldest son Doug .....
as  we went thru the Denver metro area on
I-70 at a good clip I noticed a van in the passing lane gaining  on us very
rapidly ...... as it zipped past us on the left, the side  read 'Kenz & Leslie
Ford', and that sure did bring back a lot of memories  of, not only their
liner, but also the early twin engine pickup, and their later  Ford powered
dragsters ..... I believe the early Denver drags were at their  airport in the
era
before John Bandimere built his drag strip west of the  city ...... been there
twice, and the housing developments sure did creep  across the prairie towards
the strip a whole lot in a short time !    Some call that progress ???.....
at what price  ???