Re: Engine Problems

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Engine Problems
From: Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:59:16 -0800
Dick, It does not matter one hoot what we think it is. The only thing
that matters is what is the problem. Start with looking at the spark
plugs. Does the advance in the dist. work right? Take the valve covers
off and look for a problem. Take a compression check, make sure top dead
center is marked right. Cam timing is easy to check with the valve cover
off and a true TDC mark. Don't jump to conclusions and start at the
basics and work forward from there.  Doug Odom in big ditch