200 MPH Club acolades

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: 200 MPH Club acolades
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 13:57:15 EDT
Sooooooo, where do you draw the line with awards? Owner? Crew chief? Head
engineer? Every pit person? Only crew at the race? Crew at home that helped but

didn't make the race? The guy that painted the car?

Where do all these people get their recognition? Mention on the 200 list
along with the driver? A special section in the 200 club for crew recognition?
piece of paper that says you're a great person? Somehow I think it would
"dilute" the effervescence of the club and confuse the issue.

I think the whole idea is "interesting" but not feasible. If someone wants
recognition, jump behind the wheel and sport death like the rest of us,,,, and
quit whining!

Otto