RE: 200 MPH Club acolades

To: Askotto@aol.com
Subject: RE: 200 MPH Club acolades
From: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 13:50:47 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
OUCH. I don't know how Tom feels but even tho I've held records since 1975 and
earning a red hat in 2003 I've never considered myself an "elitist"...A lot of
luck and hard work seems to fit..... The best thing I have ever had is the
satisfaction of seeing my sons face when he set his first record at Bonneville
in 1987 in the 140's (open record). Thank God he wanted more and all the work
to get him the "red hat" in 2002 was an unbelieveable reward for all the
work...I think I need to say this to those who don't know----I didn't have a
red hat- Patrick tolerated me in the garage since he was 5 years old and it was
his dream. He let me ride on his coattails and I am thankful for it....Good
luck and we are all allowed opinions.