RE: Tl1000s LSR project

To: "'Jon Wennerberg'" <jon@infodestruction.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tl1000s LSR project
From: "Arch" <arch@bubent.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 10:41:16 -0700
Thanks Jon,

You and Nancy's bikes are clean looking machines. What's under your
bodywork? How much does that bodywork cost (if you don't mind me asking)?

I've been entertaining the idea of getting some smashed up Busa bodywork and
repairing it, maybe narrow it and alter it, test it until I'm satisfied it
works and then use it to make plugs to make molds to make new bodywork.

After working with the BUB streamliner team for almost two years I've got a
real education in composites, specifically carbon fiber. Last year Jon Jans
and I constructed a whole new tail for the streamliner as well as a bunch of
other carbon goodies that go inside of it (Jon has taught me a lot about
composites, he and Denis have been real mentors to me).

Who knows, right now I'm just trying to hash out a realistic plan. I realize
that all the things I would like to have done before I go out there won't
be,  but I've got a bike, at least I'm that far along! Lol.

Arch

  _____