Re: Blower Ratyio

To: List Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Blower Ratyio
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 00:39:59 -0700
Note: I have a new email address. Satellite Internet w/1.3meg download.
Sure beats 28.8 k.

I hear a lot of talk about old fashioned turbo performance. Check out a
Sport Compact
drag race.
A car with wide slicks on the front and wheelie bars sticking out the
back that just
barely let the rear tires touch the ground. Pro tree - first light the
throttle is decked,
3/4 of a second later and the boost is at 30 psig and the 2.0L engine is
spinning at 8,000.
  Clutch out - boost at 25, hit second - boost switched to 30, hit third
- boost goes to 38 (max).
huge intercooler with alcohol and ice. CO2 frosts up the IC, reducing
the flow but for the
first 1/8 mile it's amazing.
With a completely computerized ignition management, fuel management and
boost management
system they are making this happen.
I was told that they spin the turbo up by dumping in a lot of fuel and
retarding the spark to 40
after TDC. That may be BS. I'm just reporting what I heard.
They didn't seem all that quiet to me but they didn't shake my rib cage
like a TF digger.

I my  >>opinion<< a turbo is the only thing to use for supercharging a
gas or diesel motor.
I know nothing, zip, zilch -- about fuel.

Bryan