RE: Early Morning Breakfast Dyno Report

To: "drmayf" <drmayf@mayfco.com>, "LSR" <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Early Morning Breakfast Dyno Report
From: "Tom Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 09:44:27 -0700
Mayf,

It sounds as though you had fun, even though there were problems.

It would be my guess that something in the transmission went away. Converters
don't usually give up in this manner. Regardless, I would suggest that you get
the direct drive setup that has been mentioned. Unless you want to drive the
car on the street, a converter is just more baggage. We have run the direct
setup for several years. There are two major advantages as I see it. First, you
don't heat up the transmission oil nearly as much without the converter.
Second, speed calculations are more accurate if you don't have to deal with the
converter slippage. (A lockup converter setup would also be an advantage if
available.)

You can set it up with the valve that Otto mentioned, I have one but prefer to
not use it because this slips the band and causes wear. This is avoided by
pushing off. We start the engine in neutral, push off, drop it in low and go.
Good Luck!

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC