Early Morning Breakfast Dyno Report

To: "land-speed submit" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Early Morning Breakfast Dyno Report
From: "3 liter" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 01:49:57 -0700
Obviously, I'm shooting in the dark here because I don't know your torque
converter or tannny set-up.  But if it won't hold 650 hp (or even 314hp)
then it can be one or two things wrong.  How hot was the fluid?  You said a
couple of light runs. That will heat the fluid up nicely. Then you load 650
hp to the converter and the fluid flashes to the boiling point!  Did you
have enough fluid in the first place? Did you check the level in the trans
when hot? If the clutches are slipping (due to low pressure) the direct
drive set-up (as previously mentioned) won't change anything. Something as
simple as too hot, or the wrong fluid or quantity, could make the converter,
clutches, or pump go south. My guess is the pressure went too low and the
clutches were slipping.  -Elon

Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 From: drmayf

(snip. . .) Made a couple or three light pulls to see if it  was safe to
lean on. Yup. Really fat but safe. Zowee, he pressed the  loud pedal and the
car climbed the rpm curve then the boost hit. Jumped  to 650 hp and then the
torque converter went away! OR at least that is  my surmise. . . We tried a
few more pulls with  the car in second and manually shifting but the torque
converter or  tranny would not let us get beyond 314 hp