Re: Trailer question (sort of LSR)

To: drmayf@mayfco.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trailer question (sort of LSR)
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 17:07:46 -0400
On Thursday, May 25, 2006, at 04:36  PM, drmayf wrote:

> Jon, have you called the trailer manufacturer to see what the tool is?
> I suspect they would be helpful.
>
> mayf

Okay, it was an S2 that worked after all -- but the first bit I tried
must have been worn.  I got two votes for "call the mfr", so I did, and
the guy there insisted I try the S2 over again.  He called the tool an
"Apex #2".

As for JD Tone's suggestion that I avoid replacing these with Phillips
-- yeah, I agree -- I've rounded too dang many Phillips
heads/screwdrivers.  I'll get plain S2 square (NOT 8-point) SS
replacements, even though the square drive costs about 2 times as much
as the phillips.

The old screws are cheapies -- each is leaving a nice rust trail below
it.  I'll put in the SS and hope the thing looks good for a year or
two, then sell the trailer to some unsuspecting bloke (did I say that?).

Thanks to all that offered help.  By the way, Glen -- the Snap-on guy
lives only a mile from here -- but hasn't returned my call yet, so I'll
have to tell him "Never Mind" when he does.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)