Trailer question (sort of LSR)

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Trailer question (sort of LSR)
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 14:57:55 -0400
The fasteners holding the aluminum skin on my new (to us) race trailer
are kind of shabby looking, so I want to replace 'em.  They're an
8-point socket head, and look like  a Torx.  But they're not 6-point
like a Torx, and my S2 square tools are a tad too small to work, even
though the S2 worked on the old trailer (these just spin and eat up
what's left of the rusty head).

Anybody know if this is a special OEM-only fastener that I can't get a
tool for to remove?  Or if there's a tool -- what is it so I can get
one for the toolbox.  I'll yank 'em out and replace with stainless
Phillips-head screws -- if I can remove those old ones.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)