Bonneville plans..

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bonneville plans..
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 02:50:42 -0500
Mike I hate to disappoint you... BUT... the Berkeley isn't going to the Salt
this year...  you can however expect to see it at El Mirage...

I asked Gary about the program you have and he says he hasn't changed a
thing...

His program based our speed on my 259 fifth mile with an exit of 262 said the
car would run 303mph if it could get to terminal velocity...  Which we can't
in 5 miles...   I doubt the car will actually run in the lowest CD
configuration... it looks like we'll try and run it in the ..183 configuration
or in the .202 set up...  So we'd expect it to run in the late 280's with it's
current HP numbers.

We are focusing our efforts on the Camaro this year.  It's not going to run
big numbers but should comfortably run well over 200 in our Australia
configuration...   We are taking it to the Wind Tunnel on the 22 of June to
try and learn as much as we can about it as well.... Taking the Berkeley was
really about learning how to use the wind tunnel as a tool so I would be
better prepared to take the Camaro next month... and I learned a ton about
"How To Do it"...

I know it sounds silly but the whole thing was an exercise in knowledge... it
was all about gaining an understanding of what the aerodynamics' of the car
actually look like... and it made me very comfortable...  but we're only
capable of focusing on one thing at a time and all three of us are most
interested in being successful in Australia... so that's the direction we're
headed.

In the mean time...  I still want in that El Mirage 2 club...and to do that I
have to run there a while... it's not going to be easy... so basing the
Berkeley out there is in the plans...  trust me I'll put the information we
gained to good use there.

Keith