Re: Dry Sump /Pistons

To: <jkamo@rushmore.com>, <Flowbench@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Dry Sump /Pistons
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 03:01:17 -0500
Joe... we weren't running  Nitrous at all....  but we did have a couple of
failures with Nascar style pistons... mostly because they were .oh to thin
in a couple of area's that caused them to leak aluminum into the chamber...

It was a classic case of bringing the same thing back and expecting
different results...  they simply didn't work in our configuration... the
new pistons have a bit more meat in the dome and don't seem to have the same
issues...    We also changed the tune up by swapping to the Motec unit which
gives us a bit more control...