RE: List Etiquette

To: Askotto@aol.com
Subject: RE: List Etiquette
From: Jim Webb <jimwebb@nutsracing.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 22:10:32 -0500
Otto,

All the remarks you have received till now are pretty much right-on in their
own way; it is just guys saying what they believe - just like you do. The
deal is that until you live through inspection (big stress) and make some
passes in front of God and everybody (a little more stress), you are still a
beginner to LSR. I sure don't mean to take away from your other
accomplishments, but this IS different. I can assure you that half the
people you've 'met' on the list, and a whole lot of people you haven't, are
the nicest, most fun to race with and against as you will ever find. I guess
I am trying to say "you gotta earn your bones" and in LSR this is no
different than any other venue.

The one thing you absolutely must remember at all times is that you are
there for yourself. All this social interaction is nice, but it is not the
real deal; this is how we kill time in between all the other crap it takes
to build a car (where did that year go?) and make it run.

After five years, I am still such a newbie that many of these guys don't
even know who I am, but when the starter waves you on, it is just you
against the salt. I can assure you that there is NOTHING like that feeling,
and that is why I keep going back! If you bail now, it is not THEM that
lose, it is YOU. Heck, if I had known about the list the first year I was
building, it would have saved me soooo much time and aggravation that it
isn't even funny. I coulda screwed up in new and imaginative ways!

I don't care if you never again post to the list, but you are shortchanging
yourself if you don't run at the salt. Contact me anytime.

P.s. I've been called worse than an a**hole (those pesky employees), and
every once and a while, I deserved it! We'll save you a pit just as long as
you aren't running a &%@#$Lakester or a Production Pickup (LOL).

Jim Webb
Chock Full O' Nuts
A/PP B/PP ?/?L