Hands Device or Good design

To: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hands Device or Good design
From: Higginbotham Land Speed Racing <saltrat@lubricationdynamics.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:31:27 -0700
With regard to the Hands device, instead of referring to Dale E. and
Scott Brayton who did not die on the salt, how about a Hands Device
builder out there please explain how the Hands Device would have
saved those that have.
I haven't heard anything about Brayton's accident but in Dale E's
case there was early discussion regarding the subject of not being
secured by the harness system and then that discussion disappeared as
if by magic along with the in-car video clip that seemed to show it.
My opinion is that if the cage/seat design is tight enough around the
driver's torso and head so that he/she doesn't flop around in the
cage during a roll-over, survival chances are much better. Every car
should have the 7 point harness......installed properly to keep the
driver's head away from the top of the cage. I can't think of a way
to avoid pencil rolls either but a tight cage should at least help
save the driver from injury to an extent.
I agree with Wes.
Skip