RE: Hans Device

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, "3 liter" <saltfever@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Hans Device
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:38:07 -0500
List;

I wonder if the straps could be replaced with a couple of small valved
hydraulic cylinders. These "shock absorbers" would let a driver move his
head but they would resist sudden movement forward such as in a crash.
They would be velocity- sensitive and provide damping. Has anyone ever
explored this idea?

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ